The Pro L1505U large-venue projector combines a laser light source and 3LCD technology for powerful, uncompromising images. Ideal for events staging, auditoriums and sanctuaries, this sleek, white projector features native WUXGA performance with Epson® 4K Enhancement Technology*. Offering extraordinary color brightness, Epson 3LCD projectors ensure brilliant images. Delivering 12,000 lumens of color brightness and 12,000 lumens of white brightness1, the L1505U’s laser light engine also provides virtually maintenance-free operation up to 20,000 hours2. Plus, its exceptional integration capabilities include diverse connectivity such as HDBaseT™ and nine optional powered lenses with lens shift and lens memory (Ships with Middle#2 Lens – V12H004M09).
- One measurement of brightness is not enough — look for both high color brightness and high white brightness.
The Pro L1505U has:
- Color Brightness: 12,000 lumens
- White Brightness: 12,000 lumens
- Exceptional Full HD widescreen display — native WUXGA (1920 x 1200) with 4K Enhancement* for presentations, videos, digital signage and more
- Solid-state laser light source — provides virtually maintenance-free operation up to 20,000 hours2
- Innovative 4K Enhancement Technology* — doubles the number of pixels from 2.3 million (WUXGA) to 4.6 million for extraordinary image and video quality
- Versatile connectivity — supports the full range of inputs, including HDBaseT, HDMI®, DVI-D, SDI, VGA and 5-BNC, for easy integration with any system
- Nine optional interchangeable lenses — with powered lens shift and lens memory, including an ultra short-throw lens for shallow spaces (standard lens included)
- Web-based remote management — control and monitor projector status via a Web browser
- Dynamic projection capabilities — advanced built-in Edge Blending, image warping and curved-surface correction technologies for a variety of applications
- Professional installation features — full 360-degree installation flexibility, including Portrait Mode
- Industry-leading service and support — get peace-of-mind ownership with free next-business-day replacement3, plus postage-paid returns
- Native 1920×1200 (WUXGA) resolution – 16:10 Aspect Ratio.
- Features 12000 lumens of color brightness (color light output) and 12000 lumens of white brightness (white light output).
- Inorganic 3LCD Panels with an inorganic phosphor wheel – More accurate, vivid colors compared to 1-DLP projection. Up to 40% brighter colors.
- Flexible Brightness – Can be configured as 12K, 10K, 8K, or 6K
- Solid-state laser light source – designed with inorganic components for up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation.
- Epson 4K Enhancement Technology – a revolutionary technology that accepts 4K signal and enhances 1080p for output that surpasses Full HD image quality.
- Dynamic projection capabilities – advanced built-in Edge Blending, image warping and curved-surface correction technologies for a variety of applications.
- Seamless integration tools – compatibility with Crestron RoomView, AMX, Extron XTP, Control4 and Art-Net Lighting Control systems.
- Projection System: High-aperture Epson 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Projection Method: Front/rear/ceiling mount
- Driving Method: Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix
- Pixel Number: 2,304,000 dots (1920 x 1200) x 3
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- Resize: 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1280 x 1024, 1400 x 1050
- Aspect Ratio Supports: 4:3, 16:9, 16:10
- Pixel Arrangement: Cross stripe
- Contrast Ratio: 2,500,000:1 AbsoluteBlack (Full White 12,000 lm / Full Black 0 lm)
- Brightness Uniformity (typical): 90%
- Color Reproduction: Up to 1 billion colors
- Size (projected distance): 50″ – 300″
Can be rotated in any direction for flexible, off-axis positioning – great for projecting on the ceiling or floor or as part of a rear-projection system.
Use multiple projectors to overlap images, and there are no bright spots where the overlap occurs – providing dynamic, seamless projection.
1920 x 1200 Full HD widescreen resolution
Revolutionary laser light source
Blue light from the laser is projected through a beam splitter, which divides the light into two beams. One beam is reflected by a phosphor wheel, changing it into yellow, while the other beam remains blue. The two beams are then recombined into white light and separated into red, green and blue through dichroic mirrors. Each of the three colours passes through LCD panels, producing three individual images, which are transmitted through a prism and combined into the final full-colour image.
Inorganic LCD panels and phosphor wheel for outstanding reliability
Made of inorganic material, Epson’s newly developed phosphor wheel offers superior light and heat resistance to deliver excellent reliability. By combining this with our inorganic LCD panels, we create laser projectors that project bright, vibrant images for extremely long periods.
With multiple laser diodes to rely on, the screen won’t go black even if one diode goes out. This eliminates the worry of the projector light burning out during mission-critical presentations.
20,000 hours of maintenance-free use
Engineered with inorganic LCD panels and an inorganic phosphor wheel, this newly designed laser light source delivers 20,000 hours* of maintenance-free use. And with the advanced electrostatic filter having an equally long-lasting life, you enjoy peace of mind in using these highly reliable laser projectors.
* Approximate time until brightness decreases 50% from first usage. Measured by acceleration test assuming use of 0.04 – 0.20 mg/m³ of particulate matter. Time varies depending on usage conditions and environments.
White light is created through combining the blue and yellow light beams. The advanced optical engine in the EB-L1505U precisely adjusts the blue and yellow light to create brilliant white highlights, bringing a refreshing vibrancy to your images.
The EB-L1505U provides precise brightness adjustment in increments of 1%. This combined with the Constant Brightness mode maintains brightness at a given value to match the venue or subject to deliver astonishing picture quality.
WUXGA – Beyond Full HD Resolution
With WUXGA resolution (1,920 x 1,200 pixels), you enjoy a sharp, clear display of Full HD video (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) images down to the smallest details even on large-screen projections for an incredible dynamic viewing experience.
High-definition Images with 4K Enhancement Technology
4K enhancement technology shifts each pixel diagonally by 0.5 pixels to double the resolution to 3840 x 2160, surpassing Full HD image quality to give you unbelievable sharpness, clarity and detail on all your presentations.
Epson’s super-resolution technology delivers razor-sharp images even when projecting low-resolution content onto large screens. And with image data processed frame by frame, even rapid motion remains crisp.
With the colour adjustment function, you can easily adjust the hue, saturation and brightness for each component of RGBCMY to match your preferences.
Auto Colour Calibration with Built-in Camera
The built-in camera detects screens that have become unevenly coloured over time, allowing the projector to automatically correct colour. It also detects subtle colour inconsistencies between multiple projectors. What’s more, this function can be programmed to check colour manually or automatically at regular intervals to deliver stable image quality with minimum maintenance.
Enjoy clearer, sharper playback even on fast-moving subjects with Epson’s Frame Interpolation Technology. This unique function effectively eliminates motion blurring by inserting intermediate frames between images to create smoother motion transition.
Powered Lens with Stepping Motor
The powered lens with stepping motor offers limitless possibilities in projector placement. Covering a wide range of angles, the motorised lens shift gives you a great deal of flexibility when installing the projector. The newly adopted stepping motor lets you make highly precise adjustments when employing edge blending, stacking and other techniques. Adjustments can also be made via remote control or over a network, enhancing usability even for ceiling-mounted projectors.
With storage for up to 10 settings in the projector memory, including shift positions, focus and projection sizes, you can easily and quickly adjust the projector according to the aspect ratio of content simply by using either the remote controller or command control.
Extensive Lens Options
The Epson EB-L1505U offers an extensive line-up of optional lenses to fit any venue or subject.
Zero Offset, Ultra-short Throw Lens
A revolutionary invention of Epson, this powerful lens is especially useful for environments with extremely limited lens-to-screen distances. The short throw ratio of 0.35 with zero-offset and the projector’s front-mounted exhaust system means you can project onto 100-inch screens even from as near as 74 cm away. When combined with lens shift (+17% vertically, ±10% horizontally), these features simplify usage where space is at a premium.
EB-L1505U can be rotated 360° in any direction — horizontally, vertically and rotationally — without any loss in image brightness. This makes it ideal for a wide range of applications, such as projecting onto ceilings and floors.
Projection on Wide Curved and Corner Spaces
Fit your projection images nicely even on non-flat surfaces. Create stunning projection images on wide curved surfaces and corner walls, ideal for advertisements and marketing promotions.
Borderless Multi Projection
Offering a variety of functions for multi-projector installations, the EB-L1505U lets you adjust brightness, colour and the position of overlapping areas for seamless, beautiful displays. There is also an Auto Scaling function for easy multi-projector displays and an Advanced Edge Blending function for more precise edge-blending adjustment.
Colour Matching/Brightness Level
Enjoy uniform colour and brightness even when using multiple projectors.
Advanced Edge Blending
Precisely adjust edge blending to combine multiple edges for a seamless, unified look. This function allows you to fine-tune the start position and edge width of the blend as well as the area of the black level in the blend. It also prevents the main subject from being overlapped. As a tip, you can reduce the size of the overlapping areas to decrease the time it takes to combine multiple images.
Easily correct single-projector distortion or multi-projector misalignment directly on the screen. Quickly fine-tune the images by adjusting point by point from right to left, top to bottom, using a projected maximum 17 x 17 matrix.
This revolutionary function simplifies the complicated scaling of images from multiple projectors so you can do it easily. Just select the screen layout from the pre-set menu and the projector automatically sets the slice area, scaling and edge-blend position.
Experience uniform black levels in overlapping areas of images even when using multiple projectors.
Wide Range of Connectivity
The Epson EB-L1505U is compatible with a wide range of external devices, and additional ports now include DVI-D, HDMI, HDBaseT and SDI. Ideal for large venues, HDBaseT can transmit Full HD video, audio and Ethernet at low cost through cat 5e/6 cables up to 100 metres.
Ease of Maintenance
EasyMP Monitor and Message Broadcasting
With Epson’s network monitoring and control software, you can see from a single PC which projectors are available and whether they are running efficiently – even across the biggest network. You can configure your projectors and access their serial numbers remotely, as well as receive instant email alerts for pre-defined critical indicators such as non-functioning devices or overheating lamps.
Now you can send messages or announcements as JPEG files simultaneously to any number of projectors on a network. This makes the EB-L1505U projector very useful for immediate communication needs or even emergencies.
By connecting your projector to a network, you can adjust your projector installation entries from a PC or smart device.
The EB-L1505U supports DMX-ArtNet for synchronising lighting effects such as pre-programmed sequences with audio. Items you can control include power shutter switchgear input source, lens drive (shift, focus and zoom) and lens memory settings.
Transfer OSD Information
Reduce installation and setup time when using multiple projectors by transferring OSD settings — such as brightness and colour settings as well as user logos — to multiple machines via USB or over a network.
What’s in the box:
- Power Cable
- Power Cable Clamp
- Computer Cable (VGA Cable)
- Remote Control with 2 x AA Battery
- Cable Cover
- User’s Manual CDROM